Job Title: Contracts Engineer
Salary/Rate: £25,000 - £35,000 plus package
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Piling
Our client is an established and reputable piling, geotechnical and ground engineering solutions contractor operating on a nationwide basis. Their portfolio of services and professional, qualified staff will typically provide a total bespoke solution for a wide range of sectors such as building, infrastructure and rail, amongst many others. Our client works collaboratively and takes pride in maintaining exceptionally high standards in technical ability, quality management, safety, training and environmental practice. In turn, this enables the company to provide all of their clients with the most efficient, reliable and value-engineered solution, regardless of a project size or location. The company possesses all appropriate UK, European and International industry standards to ensure safety, procurement and working practices are adhered to. They are focused on building upon their history and reputation of quality workmanship and timely project completion. The company actively promote partnering through all of their contracts and are committed to achieving continual improvement with the objective of increasing their performance and future opportunities.
Due to continued growth and an ambitious expansion plan the company is now seeking to appoint a Contracts Engineer, to operationally assist in the successful development of contracts, then the safe, profitable and timely delivery of a wide array of technically complex and challenging schemes. The role will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of contracts within their piling and ground engineering division. You will also focus upon maintaining net margins and a high level of client satisfaction, as such, a dynamic, self-motivated and adaptable individual is required to assist with all schemes.
• To assist in the development and management of all projects and contracts with a hands-on approach to the day-to-day activities of the division
• To assist in the development and implementation of project plans for contracts, ensuring that all goals are either achieved or bettered with an emphasis upon service delivery; and to effectively manage all activities with regard to operations, construction, staff, quality, health and safety and business planning
• Where necessary to act as a focal point for the client; steering and guiding contracts forward, including input into estimates / tenders, ensuring full client liaison and development
• Working with the management team to produce accurate progress / project reports in a timely fashion, whilst co-operating with the Commercial / Quantity Surveying department
• Assist in site / project review meetings with the staff in developing a proactive focus upon quality, overheads, manpower, programming, organisation and delivery aspects
• Assist in further developing the supply chain and sub-contractor partnering process, where necessary, to improve upon existing terms if possible
• To ensure a high level of teamwork and cohesion between all levels of site staff
• To attend regular meetings with staff to discuss progress as well as providing site reports and to liaise with Managers within the Group in regards to operating policy
• Possessing a proven track record in a site / contracts / projects role from within the piling / foundations / groundworks / earthworks / geotechnical engineering sector
• To ideally have assisted in the development and delivery of projects with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach but also with a hands-on attitude to clients, sub-contractors and people management
• To have had first-hand exposure to various technically complex / challenging contracts and therefore able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a client focused environment
• To have experience of a variety of projects including multi discipline ground / foundations / geotechnical engineering techniques
• Must possess an excellent understanding of the project / delivery contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop yourself both technically and commercially
• Good level of experience at both pre and post contract stage
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience within the piling, ground / geotechnical engineering, foundations sectors. A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer, along with career progression and security of work given the company has a clear and defined commitment to sustained growth.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality