Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary/Rate: £40,000 - £50,000 plus package
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Construction
Our client is one the UK’s leading contractors within the manufacturing and new build construction arena, offering specialist offsite building solutions. Acting as a Principal Contractor, Lead Designer, or a specialist Subcontractor, they have the capability to deliver projects from conception through to handover from the single largest offsite manufacturing facility in the UK. Operating across the UK, they deliver services for the education, residential and hotel sectors, as well as commercial, custodial, military and student accommodation, offices and retail outlets.
Due to a significant increase in contract awards and workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, long term growth our client is now seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor whom will assist with all commercial and contractual matters, and should effectively support the Senior Surveyor and Management team to successfully deliver a wide range of technically complex and challenging projects.
• Supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyor and projects team in managing the commercial processes
• Communicating with the senior surveyor on a daily basis advising of any issues that may affect the cost, value or period of the project
• Ability to communicate Contract / Sub-Contract advice to site based staff
• Supporting and facilitate the construction team to identify cost and manage risk to minimise the impact to the project
• Assisting and advising on the effects of disputes / recognising potential contractual issues on site
• Ensuring subcontract accounts are managed within budgets and subcontracts / final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner
• Collating commercial information for drafting cost value reconciliations on a monthly basis to deadlines
• Placement of subcontract orders to company standard terms including placement of ITT’s and ensuring notices and payment are made on time
• Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation
• Producing Project Variations including tracking documents and assessment of value taken to monthly Cost Value Reconciliation document
• Undertaking early assessments and timely submissions of final accounts giving regular updates to the client to ensure expectations are aligned
• Taking-off quantities to help build up a cost data base to assist the Business Development team
• Assessment of turnover at month end
• Qualified to degree /HND or HNC in Quantity Surveying or a similar commercial degree in construction
• A full valid driving licence
• Will need to be CSCS qualified
• A good knowledge of construction methods and materials
• Budget handling skills
• Excellent IT and maths skills.
• A methodical approach to work and excellent organisational skills.
• A good understanding of Building Regulations and other legal guidelines
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
• The ability to work as part of a team
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a strong commercial / quantity surveying background, and demonstrable experience within the design, manufacture and construction of permanent buildings. An attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity in security of work and forward career progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.