Job Title: Design Manager
Salary/Rate: £50,000 - £55,000 plus package
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Construction
Structural Project Design Manager
Our client is one the UK’s leading contractors within the manufacturing and new build construction arena, offering specialist offsite building solutions. Acting as a Principal Contractor, Lead Designer, or a specialist Subcontractor, they have the capability to deliver projects from conception through to handover from the single largest offsite manufacturing facility in the UK. Operating across the UK, they deliver services for the education, residential and hotel sectors, as well as commercial, custodial, military and student accommodation, offices and retail outlets.
Due to a significant increase in contract awards and workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, long term growth our client is now seeking to appoint a Structural Project Design Manager whom will be responsible for executing the design in accordance with the project’s design deliverables, directing and coordinating external design partners and the internal Project Design and CAD Technician resource allocated to the project.
• Providing primary design oversight across multiple projects, including the ability to co-ordinate with the Construction and Project Management teams
• To facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets
• Liaising with the Commercial and Construction departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required for the project.
• Managing allocated resources within projects and produce project design programmes to assist with resource planning across the department
• Producing structural calculations for projects
• Providing technical expertise to Structural CAD Technicians to ensure best practice fabrication details are produced
• Ensuring design risk assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner to satisfy company requirements.
• Line management responsibilities for Project Design Engineers and CAD Technicians as agreed with the Head of Technical.
• Contribute to the development of new product standards
• Qualified to Degree or HND/HNC level and possess professional accreditation with a relevant institution
• Be able to produce structural calculations to verify steelwork designs against British Standards and Eurocodes
• Be competent in the use of appropriate CAD software, such as: AutoDESK REVIT, AutoDESK AutoCAD, and / or other 3D Modelling software
• Have experience working within a design role in a construction business
• Have experience of managing members of a design team, including the allocation and monitoring of design workload,
• Ability to oversee individuals’ personal development
An attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity in security of work and forward career progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.