Job Title: Design Engineer
Salary/Rate: £40,000 - £45,000 plus package
Job Type: Permanent
Industry/Specialist Area: Construction
Project Design Engineer
Our client is one the UK’s leading contractors within the manufacturing and new build construction arena, offering specialist offsite building solutions. Acting as a Principal Contractor, Lead Designer, or a specialist Subcontractor, they have the capability to deliver projects from conception through to handover from the single largest offsite manufacturing facility in the UK. Operating across the UK, they deliver services for the education, residential and hotel sectors, as well as commercial, custodial, military and student accommodation, offices and retail outlets.
Due to a significant increase in contract awards and workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, long term growth our client is now seeking to appoint a Project Design Engineer to develop the design, and produce detailed information on allocated schemes. This will include the timely facilitation of projects through manufacture and completion on site.
• Responsible for developing the initial design stages through to a buildable and technically compliant scheme, ensuring submission of information for approvals through the client team
• Ensuring the design meets the required Client specification and complies fully with all relevant statutory and regulatory legislation
• Attending relevant design team meetings as required to facilitate the development of the design
• Liaising with relevant subcontractors to ensure third party design elements are fully coordinated with the companies design
• Supervising the work of the allocated CAD Technicians and other design resource, to ensure information is produced accurately and efficiently in line with the overall design programme
• Coordinating the creation and issue of design information packages for release internally / externally
• Ensuring all project design activity is carried out in line with the requirements of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System
• Ensuring all supporting paperwork is produced.
• Providing programme updates and reports to the Project Design Manager as are deemed required through the project life to allow thorough coordination
• Qualified to Degree or HND/HNC Level
• Extensive experience in the use of AutoDESK REVIT, AutoDESK AutoCAD, and/or other 3D Modelling software
• Practised in a design role in the construction industry
• Ability to supervise junior members of the design team
• Providing the allocation and monitoring of the project design workload and programme reporting
• Capable of managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines in a flexible and professional manner
• Have a working knowledge of Building Regulations and other market sector specific regulatory and statutory requirements
• Be aware of standard industry drawing practices, and be able to develop and present design information in a legible and comprehensive manner.
• Have an understanding of the principles of BIM within a construction or manufacturing industry, and be able to apply these principles to design output.
An attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity in security of work and forward career progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.